Jee-An Sahiri

Tuesday, January 27, 2009


I was born on a warm, sunny day in September in Davao City. I still live in Davao city, the “Land of Promise” and I go to school at University of Southeastern Philippines. I live with my parents Mr. And Mrs. Habir and Alma Sahiri and my brother, Alvin. My brother is a shy type person but when we are together like all brothers and sisters we fight like cats and dogs. Sometimes when no one was around, Alvin would come up to me and scratch my face using the sharp pointed nails of his cat for no reason. I still love him but only because he is my brother.

Who I am in life.
My name is Jee-An Sahiri. I started school when I was six-years-old. I went to kindergarten through sixth grade in a public school at Teodora Awad Elementary School and while I was there, I join many contests and activities; Beauty Contest, quiz Bee, and cheer dance. And somehow I won those contest some were first award but the rest is just runner-up. When I was already in a secondary level, I attended at Pablo Lorenzo National High School and there I also won a couple of awards: one for the Loyalty Award and for three consecutive years I am awarded as the Stage Performer of our school. But that was seven years ago when I was still active and enthusiastic on school activities. I am now a third-year college in University of Southeastern Philippines. I plan on finishing school and find a stable job that could cater my necessities.

What life means to me.
Life to me means friends and family who you can trust and who trusts you. I am pretty much on the happy side of life, but like all people I do have my "days of." That means I do have some sad days or depressed days. I have a few friends here that sort of look out for me and when I am having a bad day, I have someone here at school to talk to. I make my school days go by thinking of either the next hour or what I will do when I get home or on the weekend. I always keep in mind what Tom Hanks had said in his movie “Forest Gump”; “Life is like a box of chocolate, you will never know what you can get”.

Life is full of surprises, and we must have the optimism in each of us.

Goal in Life
When I was a kid, I have so many ambition that I would like to attain. I want to be a teacher, a lawyer, a doctor, and a first lady of the United States of America. Until one day, I opened our television and there I saw a news anchor reporting on a calamity happened somewhere in Luzon. Upon watching him doing some reporting, I was able to decide for my self that I want to be a part of a public media.

When I was in college, I'm planning to take up Mass Communication but since my parents can't send me to school that could cater my ambition they just enroll me in a state university. I enrolled in AB English since I also have a passion for language. When I was already in third-year second semester, I was so happy and anticipated towards our subject Mass Communication. I thought I have all the knowledge within this subject and that I can do great. I was overpowered with my confidence, thus let me realize that I have so much to learn regarding on this matter. And I firmly believe that there is always room for improvement and self-discovery. It will take quite some time for me to become the person I idolize. Which keeps me to persevere and eager to learn more.



What's my outlook on the future.
The year 2010, hopefully, will be the year of my graduation day in college. I think I will probably be still living here in Davao . I will be quite comfortable with my living situation, meaning that I will be married to a guy whom I really love. We will have twins; a boy and a girl, both charming and a little devil. I will be a good mother to them and a responsible wife to my husband. However, even if I am already married I will still accommodate the needs of my parents.


0 comments:

Post a Comment