Princess dela Cuesta

Tuesday, January 27, 2009




My beginning as a legally recognized individual occurred on October 21 ,1988 in Nabunturan in Northern part of Davao, by the help of a midwife who I never have the chance to meet in person. Of course I can’t consciously remember anything from the first two or three years of my life after birth.

My father, for whom I have come not to remember to witness his 37 years of existence, was once the best electrician in the town I grew up. My mother is presently a freelance cook. I have four siblings whom already finished their tertiary education and are all busy facing their own real life battle.

We moved to the city of Davao the time when my dad passed, for we cannot survive to an isolated place where the chirps of the birds were always present.

I went to a public school, adjacent to were we once lived, in my elementary level .A school in which there was no enough facilities for the students like library. And also, there no books available in our house that can be used as remedy for that situation. But there was a big bus that would always came to our school to let us lend some used books.

The time I entered my secondary education, Daniel R. Aguinaldo High School was my only choice. It was a school where almost everybody from town I lived studied. This school was my very means to discover what I really wanted for myself. Friends and teachers were also the factor to help motivate more myself and my capabilities. For these reasons, I ended my high school with awards worth to be proud of to my kindest mother.

With the helped Nogales’ scholarship, I made it possible to enter my college and to take the course I dreamed to be. Presently, I am a third year student in the University of the Philippines, taking up Bachelor of Arts in English, which I learned to love and appreciate. Language might be very easy to say but very complicated to explain.

Because of the course I am taking, I have come to encounter different field of language, be it in theories, application, and communication. It also develops my skills in writing and talking in private or in mass.

I am hoping that I will be able to finish my chosen course with all the appreciation and learning, regardless of the honor that I am sure I can’t achieve. The gift of learning is what matters to me most.

0 comments:

Post a Comment